With a confirmed cases of Coronavirus in our community, a few suggestions/thoughts for our families.
1. Keep a calm head. Think about making sure you have enough medication for your child. If your child has asthma, make sure you have an up to date Albuterol prescription, etc. Also likely not a bad idea to have fever reducers on hand such as Tylenol and Ibuprofen. There is no need to stock pile weeks of food and toilet paper.
2. Wash your hands! This is a good time to renew with your kids and family members good hand washing technique. Make it fun for your kids – sing Happy Birthday or ABCs. Soap and water are ideal but hand sanitizer is a great option as well. Also a good time to remind kids to avoid touching face. (and nose picking and biting nails! )
3. Please remember if you or your child is sick, stay home! The rule is and always has been – no going back to school or work until fever free for 24 hours without fever reducer. We need to keep everyone as healthy as possible during this uncertain time.
4. We are now offering Covid Tests in office.
5. If you or your child has fever, cough, and shortness of breath or difficulty breathing and have any history of recent travel or close contact with anyone with suspected Coronavirus – call our office and speak with a nurse about scheduling a Covid test.
6. If you are sick enough that you would normally go the ED, then go but call ahead.
7. Please know that we are all doing our best during this unprecedented time of illness. We want to accommodate all our patients and families. Be patient with phone calls, wait times, and staff.
We will continue to update with any changes in guidelines or recommendations as they become available. This is such a fluid situation and we are working to stay up to date and keep you up to date.
Be safe and Wash your hands!!